Saturday, July 12, 2014

IFTTT For Better Reach & Visibility

IFTTT is short for If This Then That. It is a website that helps you do things, based on conditions in recipes. It can do things like read and write to multiple systems like FaceBook, Blogs, Twitter and it has some advanced recipes that let you turn on lights, monitor your car's gas mileage, and track your physical activity through integration with products like WeMo, Drive, and Fitbit.  There are hundreds of good recipes you can use, already shared by others, or you can build your own. 





I use IFTTT to syndicate content to my social media channels. For example, when I publish this blog post, IFTTT will auto post it to Twitter and Facebook without me having to do a thing. 

I also use IFTTT to aggregate content into my blog from other feeds.  IFTTT monitors some of my favorite blogs, senses when a new post has occurred and then posts that same content into my blog. 

Another novel use is alerting on topics I want to track. For this I use Google Alerts to create an RSS feed, then IFTTT will use Pushbullet to send me an instant alert to my iPhone.  What an easy way to stay on top of news!

Check out IFTTT.  It is easy to use, has great mobile apps, and provides a ton of powerful features to benefit practically any web citizen. 


1 comment:

  1. I must appreciate your post which is helping us in such a great manner.

    Doreen
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete